I'm going to have to type fast today because the girls just can't get settled.  We are on a slightly new feeding schedule and it has been tough on us getting used to it.  Until recently, the girls have been receiving a follow-up bottle after I have finished nursing to make sure that they were getting enough milk.  Doing this extra bottle adds an additional 15 minutes to our total feeding time so it took us around an hour  to do one feed.  In order for us to wean this extra bottle, our pediatrician recommended us slowly going down on the amount and then stop it altogether.  He said that when we did this the girls would probably be a little fussy and would have to feed every 2-2 1/2 hours and boy, has he been right!  The girls were fussy this whole weekend and they just don't seem full.  I know they are getting plenty of milk but I feel like I am constantly feeding them and they still don't seem satisfied.  Also, they seem to not want to take naps in between feeds as often as they did before.   I'm not sure if this is just a growth spurt or if I am doing something wrong.  If y'all have any suggestions, I am all ears!

Not a happy Maralee!

Since we had fussy babies this weekend, Raleigh and I tried to give them some activity on Saturday.  One of the hardest things for me right now is not being able to take the girls outside during the day because it has been so hot.  Of course, we still aren't going in public, but I would really love to be able to sit with them outside in the sunshine every now and then.  Well, Saturday turned out to be overcast and windy so we took the pups and the girls to a park near our house.  The dogs had a field day and the girls were so peaceful.  We had the best time doing this little family outing.  One of the things that we love about our neighborhood is the variety of parks that we can visit.  The one we went to on Saturday is just a big open field so we let the dogs run loose.  Obi runs like a thoroughbred and Lu Lu loves to trot along sniffing at the trees and bushes.  We took a tennis ball but Obi could have cared less.  After the dogs got their energy out, we went for a quick walk around the neighborhood.  It was the perfect amount of time for us to get out in the fresh air without getting too hot or sweaty.

 Adeline, Maralee, & Mommy

Maralee enjoying our stroller ride

On Sunday, my brother and his girlfriend came to town to visit the girls.

We had a great time catching up with them.  My brother loves being an uncle.  It is sweet to watch him hold the girls.  It is also funny when he hands them back to me when they get fussy!  I think another reason both girls were fussy this weekend is that they had not gone to the bathroom in a couple of days.  Well, Adeline decided to give my brother's girlfriend a warm welcome....

It was too funny.  I hated that she went on my brother's girlfriend but I was also relieved that she finally did her business!  She was great the rest of the day and has also been pretty quite today as well.

Friends, I'm not complaining in the slightest, it is just hard work some days taking care of two babies!  The hardest thing is trying to please them yet not going completely off schedule.  I do better with schedules and it keeps things consistent.  I talked to my mom and she said that they are probably hungrier because they are growing.  On a side note, we went to the eye doctor again last week.  He said that their eyes were still on track but we aren't completely in the clear yet.  We will visit him again in two weeks and after that we will see a pediatric optometrist.  He said that they could become near-sighted and need glasses so that is why we have to visit another eye doctor.  Since I have been in high school, I have had to wear glasses when I don't have my contacts in.  Contacts and glasses are such a pain so I am really hoping that they won't have to wear them.  I guess we will see....

Also, a final bit of randomness.  I broke down and cut the girls fingernails this past week.  Their nails are so fragile and I haven't had to cut them but they were getting long and yucky.  Of course, the girls cried the whole time making me feel like a bad guy and I accidentally clipped one of Maralee's fingers making her bleed.  Poor thing puckered up her bottom lip and gave the biggest yell making me feel so sorry for her!  Besides clipping nails, we also had to get out some toe jam.  Yum-o.  Those girls had their toes together as tight as Fort Knox making it nearly impossible to clean them.  We ended up taking a baby wipe and putting it in between their toes like floss to clean them.  Oh, the things we do to keep our babies clean and shiny!!!!

A peaceful Adeline after bath time with Daddy

Till next time, let your light shine!

Blessings, christen