For those of you that have been reading this blog for a while, you know I used to do a post each month called Chris10's Monthly Must-Have's. It was a fun post to do and while I've changed direction a bit on the blog, I miss doing those posts on occasion. So today, here is a slightly-similar version of Chris10's Monthly Must-Have's:
1. Piko Shirts. Y'all, these shirts are fabulous. Especially for pregnant ladies. I have a bright pink short sleeve Piko shirt that I swear I wear once a week. I also bought a black shirt/dress just like it by a brand named Cherish (bought both of them at Frock Therapy in Dothan BTW) and have loved wearing the longer version as I get bigger. The shirts are comfy and I love how they are cut with the longer shoulder piece going down the arm. Also, I've been told that Wal-Mart carries a brand similar to this (I know, right?!) for only $9.99 and if you don't dry them they stay long. Seriously, these shirts are a go-to for me right now!
2. My hot-pink sparkley Chi hairdryer. My soon-to-be sister-in-law, Leslie, has the most gorgeous long brown hair. One time at dinner my Na Na asked her how her hair was so shiny and straight. I leaned in, wanting to hear her answer (my hair will never be shiny and straight unless my hairdresser styles it!) and she said she uses a Chi hairdryer only on her hair. So, what did I ask for at Christmas? A Chi hairdryer. I love it. It's lightweight, has several attachments so I can still do my hair curly and I am the coolest mom because my hair dryer is hot pink. With sparkles.
3. Chicken Salad Chick. This restaurant originated in Auburn and just opened up a location in Dothan five seconds from our church. Which means I eat their chicken salad every chance I get. I had it yesterday with Ashley and it was so good. I get the Classic Carol croissant (with no lettuce and tomato) with the pasta salad, cookie, and lemonade. And I eat it all. I know I should try different selections (Raleigh loves the one with jalapeno's and my friend Emily let me taste her's with ranch and bacon and it was good too) but I always go with the classic. Don't mess with a good thing, right?
4. Alabama Furniture Market. This is a furniture warehouse store located in Calera, Alabama and we are obsessed. Almost all of our furniture that we've purchased has come from this store. Just this weekend we bought Ridley's bedding at AFM. It is so cute but I completely forgot to take a picture of it but above are the sheets I got for his crib. Their store has such a cottage-y, relaxed feel to it that I could wander around for hours. Which gets me in trouble because I want everything that I see and then I get overwhelmed because I know I can't buy everything that I see and I start to wonder how on earth I can replicate their style in my own home. Fortunately, Raleigh knows this is how I will react and he has learned that I do better when he takes the reigns and helps narrow down the options. Gotta love a husband that knows his girl.
5. Sherwin Williams Sea Salt paint color. I will show you some updates on our house soon with The Architect series but in the meantime I must tell you about the most incredible paint color, Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams. We used it in three rooms in our new house and it looks amazing in each room. It is a soft greenish blue color and is so complimentary to other colors without being showy. Each room that we've used it in has different lighting so sometimes it looks more greyish blue and other times it looks more green or tan but it looks so great in each setting. It really is a lovely color.
6. Katy Perry's new c.d. Okay, I used to despise Katy Perry. I thought her song "I Kissed A Girl" was a little much. But, then I watched her documentary and kind-of started to like her. Now, with her new c.d, I kind-of love her music. "Roar" is my jam and I heart "Unconditionally." I might even belt those songs when I'm in the car (alone or not - I think the girls have already learned the eye-roll).
7. The Ragamuffin Gospel. A college friend gave me this book eight years ago and I've never gotten past the first chapter. But, I picked it back up recently and have totally regretted not reading more of it until now. Brennan Manning's words are packed full of wisdom and I'm learning some simple truths in an incredible new way about how Jesus loves me. I highlight sentences on almost every page it is that good.
Okay, I really want to keep going but as I'm writing this post I'm realizing that it's already past my bedtime. Hope this post is a nice break in your day and you can try some of these things I currently adore.
Till next time, let your light shine!