Let's kick start 2015 in prayer!
New Year's Eve is this Wednesday. As you are making plans to celebrate the beginning of 2015, why not make plans to pray for your new year too?
Whatever your New Year's resolution may be - to lose weight, to have financial freedom, to spend more time with your family, to getting a better job or a change of lifestyle - any and all of these resolutions are in need of prayer!
I believe that if we pray consistently that God will do great things with each of our lives.
Friends, prayer is the answer to your heart's questions. Your fears, your worry, your hopes, your dreams....praying diligently will help you have better clarity on your life.
Want to join a community of people ready to pray for the next 21 days?
If you said yes, you won't be alone. Here are some friends that will be sharing here at illuminate for the New Year Prayer Challenge:
Here's how the New Year Prayer Challenge will work:
- We will begin our prayer challenge on January 1st and end on January 29th. Posts will be on Monday-Friday and we will take breaks on the weekend to rest, repent, and receive.
- Each Monday I will send out a video blog with the week's challenge. There will be a new post every day on illuminate from the Prayer Challenge Contributors.
- If you subscribe to join the prayer challenge, you will also receive an e-mail with a printable for that week that you can download to journal, goal-set, write prayer notes, and more.
- There will be giveaways going on throughout the month so be sure to keep checking back each week to see what's new!
- If you would like a Bible reading plan, you can download the New Start '15 plan from my friends Kathy Howard and Julie Sanders. This is a guide to living a life of holiness and prayer.
- We will be posting the prayer challenge on social media during the month of January using the hashtag #pray15. If you haven't already, please like Christen's Facebook page and follow her on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest @chris10price.
Sign Up for the New Year 21 Day Prayer Challenge by filling out this form:
Before the challenge begins, here are some additional items that can help you make the most of your 21 Day Prayer Challenge. These are all completely optional, but I'll be referring to these items throughout the month.
- Read The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.
We will be following along with the four parts of the book during the challenge. Here's a reading plan that corresponds with the challenge:
Introduction (Chapters 1-4) - January 1st-9th
The First Circle - Dream Big (Chapters 5-7) - January 12th-16th
The Second Circle - Pray Hard (Chapters 8-11) - January 19th-23rd
The Third Circle - Think Long (Chapters 12-15) - January 26th-29th
Keep Circling (Chapters 16-18) - January 30th
- Write in a Prayer Journal. You need to write down what happens each day of the prayer challenge. As I said before, I'll be giving you a free download each week but if you don't use that, find a journal to write in.
- Consider Fasting. I'll talk more on this but if you've never done a fast before, now is a great time to start. You can check out this post on the Daniel Fast or consider doing a Wesley Fast where you go without food for one whole day. My goal for January is to eat clean during the week which means I'll be avoiding sugars and carbs and eating lots of fresh veggies, fruit, and protein.
- Designate a Prayer Time and Space. Again, I'll be talking about this but go ahead and think about a good spot for you to pray and a time that works with your schedule. The goal of the prayer challenge is to learn how to pray continuously and not just when we have a need but good habits begin by setting aside a designated place and time to pray. You can read this post that gives advice on three different ways to pray consistently.
- Put on Your Walking Shoes. The thing that I loved the most about The Circle Maker was Mark's idea of going on prayer walks. Decide a location that you need to walk around that correlates with your prayers - it could be your home, office, the hospital, or a place that you've always dreamed of. You decide!
Okay, I'm not trying to overwhelm you but I wanted to go ahead and give you these items so you can have time to prepare before the prayer challenge begins.
If you have any questions regarding the prayer challenge, please leave a comment in the box below or message me on Facebook or Twitter. I am so excited to be starting off 2015 in prayer and can't wait to see how God uses our prayers throughout the new year.
Remember to check back here on January 1st for the first day of the prayer challenge and to sign up in the form below if you wish to receive the printables for each week's challenge.
Till next time, let your light shine!