When the weather begins to warm, I love making one of our family's classic desserts, Oreo Pie. The combination of Oreo cookies, vanilla ice cream, chocolate fudge, and COOL WHIP Whipped Topping can not be beat.
Here are the directions for making this delicious treat:
- Crush 1 package of Oreo cookies
- Melt 6 T Butter
- Mix together the crushed cookies and butter into a 9x13 Pyrex dish and place in fridge to harden.
- Allow one container of vanilla ice cream to soften and spread over firm Oreo crust.
- Melt 2 semi-sweet chocolate squares, 2 small cans of evaporated milk, 2 T Butter, and 1 cup of sugar on medium heat on stove top. Heat and stir the ingredients until it thickens into chocolate syrup.
- Let the syrup cool and spread over ice cream.
- Place mixture in fridge for at least 4 hours (overnight is best) to harden
- Top with COOL WHIP right before serving (make sure it has thawed in the refrigerator...see instructions on package).
The layers of this pie are simply out-of-this-world.
My fork can not get enough of the COOL WHIP, fudge, ice cream, and Oreo crust. What is so great about this dessert is that it is no-bake and you can make it the day before a function. I like to make Oreo Pie as a dessert if I know that we are having friends over to the house. I make it the night before and then I can dollop the COOL WHIP on right before serving. It allows for me to enjoy entertaining and being outside with the rest of our guests. This is a go-to treat during the warm weather months and is definitely a fan-favorite around our house!
Y'all know how much I love chocolate and the COOL WHIP accompanies the Oreo crust perfectly. Because of its fluffy texture, the COOL WHIP makes the whole dessert feel light instead of heavy. It is the final touch that makes this easy dessert complete.
Raleigh's mom has been known to make this pie for birthdays, beach trips, and sometimes just because. Since the days have gotten longer, Raleigh and I have loved sitting on our back deck after dinner and watching the girls play outside. As the sun dips into the horizon, we all gather around our patio table and chairs and enjoy a dessert before we go inside. Treats like Oreo Pie make the day feel a little less stressful and a lot more special.
What better way to end the day than with something sweet?
Till next time, let your light shine!
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.