If you've ever wanted more of Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines, now is your chance! This sweet couple has written a memoir of their life together called The Magnolia Story and it releases mid-October (but you can pre-order it now! woo-hoo!!). How adorable are they on the cover of their book?
The Magnolia Story, written with New York Times bestselling collaborator Mark Dagostino, documents the "first couple of home improvement" and their life together – starting way back in their pre-fame days. "Writing a book is a tough job," Joanna says. "But reliving years of memories together was so fun. Chip is a great storyteller, and I actually found that I have a knack for remembering details. We made a pretty good team and had a blast working on it together."
If you aren't a fan of Fixer Upper (yet!), here are the reasons why I've fallen in love with Chip and Jo-Jo:
- Joanna's style is impeccable yet comfortable. From her wardrobe to the homes she designs, her style impresses me with it's easy, down-home elegance. She uses lots of white and bring color into her design subtly but in just the right places. Every house that I've seen transformed on Fixer Upper makes me want to sit and get comfortable!
- Chip makes me laugh. He's easy-going, light-hearted, and doesn't take himself too seriously. I love it when he goes with Joanna to the antique markets because he always walks out with something crazy!
- They turn a broken home into a beautiful home. They take the worst houses in the best neighborhoods and completely transform the way they look. As an owner of a renovated home, I have such an appreciation for other people who take a risk on homes that need a good dose of TLC.
- They are creative entrepreneurs. Chip and Joanna are inspiring because not only do they have their show, but the Magnolia Homes brand is amazing. From the Magnolia Market to Joanna's new Magnolia Made home and paint line, they are transforming family homes not just in Waco but all over the world. (ps - I heard Liddon Furniture in Dothan is carrying her Magnolia Made line!!)
- They share their faith through serving others, being kind, and involving their kids in the design process. We need more families like the Gaines on television people.
I'm excited to be part of the Stree Team (aka the #shiplappers) who gets to share behind-the-scenes updates about The Magnolia Story so be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates! Remember, if you want to pre-order The Magnolia Story, you can purchase it here.
Till next time, let your light shine!