As we begin a new year, I wanted to share with you a few updates and also say a huge THANK YOU for your support in 2017. Moving forward, my prayer for you and I are to be people who live, truly live in the abundant goodness and grace of God. You can read more about what this looks like exactly in today's post.
- Undivided Women produced three new studies in 2017 and has been able to reach over 23,000 women since it began two years ago. Over the summer, our team gave me the courage to take a break and re-evaluate the direction of this organization. I'm so incredibly grateful for their wisdom and for the time to think and be still before God. Exciting things are still to come!
- Invited released!!! With your help, Invited debuted on Amazon ranking as the #50 book in entertaining and #150 book in Christian Livin. Writing and releasing Invited has blessed me in so many ways. It has shown me that I am not alone in needing #connectionnotperfection and it has deepened my relationship with this community and Christ.
- 2017 has been the year of giving back. With your support, we were able to give back to seven not-for-profit organizations. This year, my goal is to double the amount that was given in 2017. Read more about our mission here.
- My girls started first grade! I know this isn't exactly work related, but it's been such a transitional season for our family. I truly believe that God has used 2017 to teach us that family truly does come first but there is beauty in working together too. I'm praying that God continues to teach Raleigh and I how to build one another up this year so we can have energy to do the things God is calling our family to do.
- Traveling has been so much fun! This year, CP Studio has participated in TEN art shows/book signings. I have LOVED getting to meet new people and to hug necks of friends this year in Dothan, Auburn, Montgomery, Lake Martin, and Birmingham.
I wanted to share these highlights first because as I've begun to set goals for 2018, I've done a lot of reflecting over the highs and lows of 2017. It was a wonderful year but I also experienced burnout and needed time with God before fully moving into this new year. Today, I wanted to share a few updates for CP Studio and Undivided Women:
1. want to study God's word and share it with you.
- Y'all, I feel some stirrings in my soul to begin writing new messages of hope and creating art that is beautiful and meaningful. I've begun to dream again and feel the draw to discover the depth of God's word in a fresh and meaningful way. The words are still being scribbled inside notebooks and lines are being underlined in books, but I'm really excited about the message of abundant living that God is teaching me right now. My blog post today (see below) is just one example of this idea that is swirling in my head. I'm really excited to continue on this path of discovery and sharing it with you.
2. Connection, Confidence, & Community.
- The past three years have been grown me so much as a woman, a writer, and through work. I've made so many mistakes and have felt like the biggest failure but Jesus has met me in these low spots and has been teaching me who I really am in Him. My confidence should be in Him, not my own performance. I am wired to connect women in community. I've come to the realization that these words - connection, confidence, and community - apply to the work that I've been doing through CP Studio and Undivided Women. I want to offer women a place where they can study God's word together but also meet together in real life. I want to practice hospitality by opening my own home for small gatherings this year and also connect you to women in our community who are using the talents God gave them to serve in their own unique way. I've been doing a ton of reading this past year on how to lead well and to love what I do with the time I have to do it. Raleigh and a few friends of mine have helped me to move forward confidently in the direction God is leading me, and I look forward to more opportunities to offer you a place to connect in community this year.
3. I'm updating how I send out e-mails for CP Studio and Undivided Women.
- Encouragement E-mails - hese e-mails contain a special note of encouragement from me, along with the latest blog posts and upcoming news and events. Instead of being semi-weekly like they were last year, they will now be once a month. You can sign up to receive these here (if you already receive these, you don't have to do anything).
- Blog posts - f you would like to receive a weekly e-mail with each new blog post from CP Studio, you can sign up here to get it delivered right into your inbox (if you already receive these, you don't have to do anything).
- Undivided Women Bible Studies - If you'd like to receive the latest bible study from Undivided Women, make sure you are signed up here. We began Undivided Prayer yesterday and would love for you to join us in studying God's word together. (if you already receive these e-mails, you don't have to do anything).
Thank you for being a community of women who are willing to grow and try new things. You are my reader, the one whom I share with the most. Thank you for being someone I can trust with the words God has given me. Let's continue to pray together and believe that God moves in people willing to say yes to Him!!!!